Join the Justice Café
We Are Hiring Skilled Atlanta Lawyers
If you are about to graduate from law school, have recently graduated, or considering learning a new practice area for any reason, we encourage you to consider joining our team at the Justice Café. This position is perfect for Georgia attorneys who are seeking solid, challenging on-the-job experience in a team environment that provides training and support while you learn and serve. Start to build your resume and achievements while also assisting those who need your help most.
"I loved my time working at the Justice Cafe! It's practical,
fast-paced experience with knowledgeable people behind you every step
of the way. I highly recommend it if you want great experience inside
the courtroom and out!"
- Former Justice Café Attorney, Kay Tanner
Position: Associate Attorney
- Family Law
- Criminal law (misdemeanors)
- Juvenile law
- Landlord/tenant law
- Simple wills, trusts & probate law
Compensation: Hourly commensurate with workload up to 20 hours per week.
Primary job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting client intake, including an assessment as to whether the presenting matter can be handled within a finite time frame of no more than approximately ten hours;
- Reviewing The Justice Café's Hourly Limited Scope/Unbundled Services Professional Employment Agreement with each client and identifying and agreeing to the limited legal tasks the attorney will perform on behalf of that client;
- Explaining to each client that the Employment Agreement outlines the entire scope of the services that The Justice Café agrees to perform on behalf of the client and that the client is responsible for any legal tasks not assented to by the attorney;
- Offering limited scope client representation in three major service areas: document preparation; limited court representation; and consultation;
The following is a representative sample of tasks the attorney might be asked to provide in each of these areas:
- Document Preparation
- Pleading Preparation (Complaint/Answer)
- Financial Affidavit
- Child Support Worksheet
- Discovery Preparation
- Discovery Response
- Limited Court Representation
- Status Conferences
If you are interested in working with The Justice Café,
please forward your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Are Seeking Bright Georgia Attorneys
If you are an attorney looking to expand your practice while expanding access to justice, consider becoming part of our Justice Café network of low-cost legal service providers. We are currently looking to open one service center per county in every county throughout Georgia.